We are happy to announce the launch of our new project which will explore cities on a higher level! Urban Gorillas is part of the Creative Rooftop Network / R-EU-FTOP project which is funded by the Creative Europe program and involves 9 partners from 9 countries.
In June 2021 Urban Gorillas participated in the 2nd Consortium Meeting in Barcelona , the first physical meeting as the kick-off meeting took place online in November. During the meeting in Barcelona where we had the chance to discover this wonderful city from the rooftop level and be inspired by the possibilities of creatively reusing the upper level of our cities!
The consortium of the project consists of:
– Município de Faro , Faro, Portugal
– Stichting Rotterdamse Dakendagen ,Rotterdam, Netherlands
– Stadt Chemnitz, Chemnitz, Germany
– Stadt Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium
– Terrats en Cultura Barcelona, Spain
– Urban Gorillas, Nicosia, Cyprus
– Urban Scale Interventions, Tonbridge, United Kingdom
– Stichting Stadvinderij, Amsterdam, Netherlands
– Folkstadens ideella förening, Göteborg, Sweden
Stay tuned for more rooftop stories from Nicosia and other European cities!
Photo credits: Guillem Pacheco / Shasta Daisy Produccions